Kath commenced working as a Registered Nurse in 2006 after completing her undergraduate Bachelor of Nursing at the University of Southern Queensland. Kath has experience in a wide variety of clinical settings including perioperative nursing, rural nursing and general medical and palliative areas and in quality management and research governance and ethics. Kath has a strong background in private and public acute hospital settings in addition working for the Commonwealth Government at a national level. , These elements combined allow Kath to have a unique perspective across a wide range of sectors that all contribute to the overarching framework of the provision of quality health care across the entire life spectrum.
Kath’s experience in the Quality & Risk Management field has seen her lead and have high level involvement in strategic corporate and clinical governance areas including:
• development and maintenance of all quality and accreditation plans to ensure processes for compliance with relevant accreditation standards
• Responsibility for internal and external audit programs
• Analysing and evaluating clinical outcomes (guidelines and indicators)
• Clinical and corporate system review teams
• Quality Improvement activities
• Risk Management activities
• Patient Safety Initiatives
• Consumer engagement
Kath has a passion for consumer directed care and places this model of care at the forefront of her work for McLean Care.
Member, Australian College of Nursing
Member, Australasian Association for Quality in Health Care (AAQHC)
President, Downlands College Past Student’s Association