The Home Care Packages (HCP) Programme is designed to help older people with complex needs to live independently in their own homes for as long as possible.
A Home Care Package provides a co-ordinated package of services tailored to meet your specific care needs.
• Home Care Package Level 1 – supports people with basic care needs
• Home Care Package Level 2 – supports people with low level care needs
• Home Care Package Level 3 – supports people with intermediate care needs
• Home Care Package Level 4 – supports people with high level care needs
The same type of care and services are provided under each HCP level. The hours of care are increased at each level of care. i.e. more hours of care and services are delivered under Home Care Package level 4 compared to level 1.
The Australian Government subsidises home care services. If you are eligible, you are expected to contribute to the cost of your care and services if you can afford to do so.
You have flexibility and choice about who delivers your care.
There are no minimum age requirements or residency restrictions, but Home Care Packages are not intended for visitors to Australia or people requiring temporary or short-term care.
You may be eligible for a Home Care Package if you are:
• an older person who needs coordinated services to help you to stay in your home
• a younger person with a disability, dementia or other special care needs that are not met through other specialist services
• Case Management, including the development of your Care Plan and individualised budget
• Transport for shopping or appointments
• Social support by taking you shopping, banking or just providing company for a chat
• Domestic assistance for household jobs like cleaning, clothes washing and ironing
• Personal care assistance with bathing or showering, dressing, hair care and going to the toilet
• Home maintenance for minor general repairs and care of your house or garden
• Home modification i.e. installing safety aids such as alarms, ramps and support rails
• Nursing care where a qualified nurse comes to dress a wound or provide continence advice
• Food services such as providing meals at a community or day centre, preparing and storing food and delivering meals to your home
• Help with taking your medications
Package supplements – the Dementia Supplement for people with dementia and the Veterans Supplement for veterans with an accepted mental health condition are available with any of the four levels of Home Care Packages. Your care provider will apply for the subsidies and ensure you meet the eligibility criteria.
The Home Care Package Programme and Commonwealth Home Support Programme, provided by McLean Care, are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health. Although funding for these services has been provided by the Australian Government, the material contained herein does not necessarily represent the views or policies of the Australian Government.
McLean Care® have been delivering home and community services in the Inverell and Tamworth communities since 2001. we are here to help you navigate the sometimes complex areas surrounding aged care services, and give you peace of mind and the confidence to make the decisions that are right for you.
Our passionate and caring team will be able to walk you through the entire process, giving you all of the information that you need, based on your unique circumstances.
McLean Care® is here to:
• Help you find out what care services are available.
• Assist you to register with My Aged Care – the government website you must register with to obtain subsidised care services.
• Find out about costs and help you choose your services.
• Provide high quality services that support your independence.
Our priority is to enable you to achieve your identified goals and maximise your independence and enhance your quality of life.
We’re here to help you every step of the way. From working out the right type of care you'll need, to guiding you through the aged care application process and working out what you can afford and what you can expect. Let’s get you started – give us a call – we’re great listeners!
Finding the right care and services is a step-by-step process. Choosing the right care can seem complicated and difficult to know where to start. That’s why we’ve put together some practical advice to guide you through the aged care process so that you can start receiving the help you need sooner.
No-one likes to think of themselves as getting ‘old’, but honestly, the sooner you start thinking about your time beyond retirement, the more choices you’ll realise you have, and the more prepared you’ll feel. It’s all about planning ahead, and making decisions about how you want to live your life so you can stay in control of your future. So, there's no time like the present