The Perfect Pavlova!
• 6 egg whites, at room temperature
• 1 1/2 cups (330g) caster sugar
• 2 teaspoons white vinegar
• 1 tablespoon cornflour
• 300ml thickened cream
• 1 tablespoon icing sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
• 1 mango, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup pineapple, thinly sliced
• 1/2 x 170g passionfruit pulp
• 1 tablespoon baby mint leaves
1. Preheat oven to 120°C. Line a baking
tray with baking paper and draw a 20cm
disc onto the paper. Turn the paper over
so the drawn disc is underneath. Use an
electric mixer to whisk the egg whites in
a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form.
Ensure bowl is clean, as any fat or spot
of egg yolk can prevent egg whites from
2. Gradually add the sugar, 1tbs at a
time, beating well after each addition,
until the meringue is thick and glossy
and the sugar is completely dissolved.
Rub a little between your fingers – if the
mixture is still gritty, continue whisking
until sugar dissolves. Add the vinegar and
cornflour and gently fold to combine.
3. Spoon meringue onto tray. Use a
spatula to shape into a disc, using the
circle as a guide. Bake for 1.5 hours or
until dry to touch. Turn off oven, leave
door ajar and allow to cool completely –
this stops the pavlova cracking. Use an
electric mixer to whisk the cream, icing
sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
Spoon onto pav. Top with fruit and mint.
< Back to News